Monday, March 17, 2014

Day 1 on the job/ at the party

 I had a great day today. I got up and went to work/school/apprenticeship thing. My teacher/ boss, Heinz, was there and he got me started on my bowl. After thinking for awhile about what kind of sculptural bowl I wanted to make, I got started with the modeling clay and came up with this:
Then we went and had lunch at a nearby restaurant. I guess it is New Orleans tradition to have red beans and rice on Mondays. After lunch we went to the shop of a renowned woodworker by the name of something I can't remember right now. But he is 78 years old now and made his first dovetails when he was 12. He makes beautiful chests of drawers that sell for tens of thousands of dollars. I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures.
I started sawing out the rough outline of my swan bowl when we got back to the shop. 
But no sooner had i gotten this far than it was time to go check out the st Patrick's day block party down the street. 
Of course my friend Sasha was there painting faces!
He caught me:
And Heinz, to Heinz's dismay:

This evening I had dinner with my landlords, Stanley and Luis and their so. Elliot. And then I played them a couple songs with my guitar. And now I am downstairs in my very own apartment that I get to live in until new vacation renters come on Friday! 
Happy st paddy's day everyone. 
Rake out. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm sure someone already mentioned it but a landlord, Stanley! You're my fav Stan though :) How'd the swan bowl turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nvm swan bowl looks siiiick! Saw it on the other blog. Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete